Community Development Intern I
The Community Development Intern I works with the Community Development Coordinator on projects and planning initiatives related to water, wastewater, and transportation infrastructure in the region.
General Duties and Responsibilities
1. WMC Coordination: Involves assisting the Community Development Coordinator with facilitating the Regional Water Management Council and coordinating water and wastewater planning initiatives in compliance with Senate Bill 409. This duty will consist of:
Assist with facilitating quarterly Water Management Council meetings;
Assist with initiating water and wastewater planning activities; and
Assist with coordinating project identification, project development, and project prioritization.
2. WRIS Data Entry Coordination: Involves assisting the Community Development Coordinator with coordinating the collection and entry of water and wastewater project and system data in the WRIS Portal with the GIS/Data Specialist. This duty will consist of:
Assist with annual visits and collect spatial and non-spatial water and wastewater system data;
Assist with reviewing, collecting, and updating water and wastewater system data; and
Assist with developing and updating project profiles.
3. Transportation Coordination: Involves assisting the Community Development Coordinator with coordinating the execution of work elements outlined in the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet’s Regional Transportation Annual Work Program. This duty will consist of:
Assist with program administration;
Assist with facilitating public involvement and the Regional Transportation Committee;
Assist with updating and analyzing the regional transportation asset data; and
Assist with project identification, data review, and development.
4. Grant Writing: Involves assisting the Community Development Coordinator in preparing grant applications for various types of funding sources. This duty will consist of:
Assist with researching potential funding sources;
Assist with developing proposals to meet the goals and standards of funding sources;
Assist with composing and packaging funding applications/proposals; and
Assist with maintaining records of application submittals.
5. Project Administration: Involves assisting the Community Development Coordinator with coordinating project activities for various types of funding sources. This duty will consist of:
Assist with project schedules and funding administration activities;
Assist with communicating with stakeholders and clients;
Assist with maintaining project documentation and records;
Assist with creating and maintaining project budgets; and
Assist with all required forms, documents, certifications, submittals, and reporting are completed.
6. Other Duties: Involves any other tasks and technical assistance needed to support the planning and project development needs of the Gateway counties and cities.
The internship position is part-time, unpaid, and temporary (three-month period). The position will provide a vast amount of experience to the intern, including how to work in an office setting, work with a team, and how to strengthen skills while building a strong resume. Additional benefits include: the ability to make a significant impact on the organization, ability to implement new ideas, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Gateway ADD is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.Minimum Qualifications
Candidates must be current students, recent graduates (within one calendar year), and/or have been accepted to enter an advanced degree program (within the next year), with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale). Most interns are at least seniors at the undergraduate level, though strongly qualified juniors (at the time of application) will be considered. Graduate students are also encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate will possess: a strong work ethic, prioritization, and problem-solving skills; initiative, good attitude, and willingness to learn; exceptional written and verbal communication skills; excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to handle assigned tasks efficiently and correctly; proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); customer service experience is a plus. Consequently, a strong sense of responsibility and the ability to work well with a team and/or with minimum supervision are strong assets.
If you have any issues submitting this form, please email this information to email@example.com.